01101000 01101001 00100001
Visionary and software architect in a wide range of business verticals from ecommerce and healthcare to enterprise analytics and big data. Team-oriented with a passion for driving business value and developing scalable solutions. Skilled at speaking both business and technical languages, and passionate about strategic thinking to implement elegant solutions.
Vice President of Technology - Austin, TX – 12/17 to Present
- Serve a diverse range of business units to provide software and technology solutions to both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to help plan, design and execute all stages of the software development life cycle with a team of frontend and backend developers.
- Implement extensive API integrations with many ecommerce and CRM related SaaS platforms including Marketo, HubSpot, NetSuite, Braintree and ShipStation.
- Design and maintain an ETL pipeline on AWS to deliver custom ecommerce sales data reporting, business insights and enable predictions about customer behavior using Custora.
- Perform management duties including leading team meetings, mentoring and training, hiring new developers and technical project management.
Director of Software Development - Austin, TX – 12/15 to 12/17
- Devise software solutions with a team of developers in a high-growth ecommerce business.
- Design and implement RESTful API’s using modern design patterns in the Laravel framework.
- Implemented a new automated purchase order software system with large-scale national healthy living retailers using EDI.
- Created the company’s first CI/CD pipeline that leveraged Jenkins, Docker and many AWS services.
- Designed and automated a high-volume ecommerce inventory integration with Amazon.com.
Senior Software Engineer, Consultant - Austin, TX – 9/15 to 12/15
- Drove alpha software creation in the car sharing space for General Motors on a new and fast growing Urban Active Solutions team.
- Performed extensive API design within Zend Framework 2 to provide RESTful endpoints for an Angular driven website and iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Advanced software quality and team growth through Developer training and mentoring, collaborating with product owners on requirements, and performing technical interviews for new team members.
Senior Software Development Manager, Routing - Austin, TX – 2/15 to 8/15
- Led a team of senior software engineers to design and enhancing a complex and high volume predictive behavioral call routing software solution.
- Influenced team consensus and accountability to milestones with strong collaboration and a focus on both project delivery and high performance software.
- Performed management duties including interviewing candidates, training and mentoring, conducting performance reviews, resource allocation and technical project management.
Senior Software Development Manager, Analytics - Austin, TX – 5/11 to 2/15
- Led 5+ developers in the design of large scale software for near real time analysis of phone calls, desktop, and text data.
- Translated complex business goals into technical requirements, mentored team members, provided estimates, planned projects and accomplished tasks using the Scrum and KanBan methodologies.
- Performed extensive data modeling and API design of software products including Back Office Desktop Analytics, student text analysis, and feature extraction for predictive analytics using R.
- Worked with Product Management and Sales to advise and create new software features including an innovative and market differentiating Compliance and Quality Management call center product.
- Identified and redesigned costly areas in software including an improved rule-driven VoIP telephony architecture that enabled faster delivery of call center analytic metrics.
- Cultivated a team emphasis on providing valuable unit, system and regression test coverage of software using Jenkins in a Continuous Integration and Delivery model.
- Broad management skills that included interviewing candidates, training and mentoring, conducting performance reviews, resource allocation and technical project management.
Senior Software Engineer - Austin, TX – 7/08 to 5/11
- Designed and developed large-scale enterprise data analysis for Fortune 500 companies in industries including finance, technology, healthcare and education.
- Utilized Agile methodology for software development and performed regular peer code reviews for design improvements, reinforcing best practices and preventing security vulnerabilities.
- Drastically reduced software delivery time by creating a rule-based Domain Specific Language for linguistic analysis of phone calls for metrics like personality, distress and customer satisfaction.
- Significantly increased analysis performance for tens of millions of phone calls per month by implementing the Zend Framework Cache module for linguistic rule configuration.
- Designed and established an interactive unit tester UI for over 1 million lines of code by utilizing features of the PHPUnit framework.
CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center
Systems Analyst, Web Developer - Santa Fe, NM – 7/06 to 7/08
- Served as the sole developer responsible for the redesign and development of both Internet and Intranet healthcare websites.
- Integrated and tailored an industry-leading Web Content Management System (Ektron) including a secure Portal environment.
- Increased organizational efficiency by designing a PHP web application to manage and streamline all Information Systems Security Requests for over 1,700 employees.
- Leveraged communication skills across a diverse audience to lead the development of web-based applications in areas including Emergency Services, Finance, Service Excellence and Security.
- Served in leadership roles on the IS Process Improvement Team, Forms Committee and Intranet Advisory Board.
Christie's Great Estates
Webmaster - Santa Fe, NM – 10/05 to 7/06
- Developed, administered and maintained three international real estate websites requiring progressive large-scale data processing methods, reporting and user-interface design.
- Contributed to over 300% growth of online property ads and increased web presence achieved in first three months of employment.
- Played instrumental role in the selection, development, and implementation of the organization’s first trouble-ticketing system and comprehensive IT project management system.
Morris Surveying Engineering
IT Specialist, CAD Technician - Santa Fe, NM – 8/04 to 10/05
- Served as the primary technical liaison during the transition of a land surveying and engineering firm from one company to separate business entities.
- Improved efficiency company-wide by developing a custom desktop software application responsible for managing and tracking all surveying and civil engineering CAD projects.
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Fort Lewis College - Durango, CO
- Computer Science Information Systems (CSIS), major
- Business Administration (AACSB Accredited), minor
- Magna cum Laude
Courses & Credentials - Various Dates
- PCI, OWASP, HIPAA, HITECH
- USPTO Patent: Quality Assurance Analytics Systems and Methods (#20160358115)
- Keywords: Python, PHP, Java, R, Laravel, Zend, Git, Composer, Jenkins, AWS, Docker Compose
- Business: NetSuite, QuickBooks, ShipStation, SkuVault, EDI, SPS Commerce
- Data: MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, ETL, JSON, JSON Schema, REST, SOAP, XML, XSD, XSL, XPath, RPC
- Backend: OO PHP, Python, C#, R, Visual Basic, Zend Framework, Laravel, ApacheMQ, ZeroMQ
- DevOps: Docker Compose, Vagrant, Jenkins, AWS, Composer, NuGet, SVN
- Testing: Unit, integration, PHPUnit, MSpec, NUnit, Xdebug, Zend Debugger, Selenium, Twist
- Methods: Agile, Scrum, KanBan, Continuous Delivery, Process Communication Model
- Projects: JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Mantis, TFS, MS Project
- System: Linux, Mac, Windows, Docker, Vagrant, Apache, IIS, Windows Server
I enjoy spending time outside playing sand volleyball, camping and gardening with my wife and daughter. I’m an avid woodworker and like rock climbing, home improvement, gaming, table tennis, kayaking and so much more. If the hobby involves cool gear then it’s a safe bet that I dig it.
Send Me A Message
Please email me